One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 My Kicks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 5:39 pm

Don't really wanna stir up drama, but this is the fifth or sixth time I have been kicked by Conc for very little to (today imho) no reason. I ignored him several months ago, after a very harsh interaction following my request of another friends chat member to not refer to be as a 'retard' or something like that. Anyway, since that time, I have been kicked with no warning (obviously since I would not be able to see a warning, if any.) I do not have much interest in revisiting our intitial interaction that merited the block, and I do not feel that it is appropriate that Conc should be allowed to kick me by his own judgement. If he has a valid concern, he can just as easily request one of the many other ranks that are usually online to bring it to my attention. Personal grudges and petty disagreements should be set aside when it comes to moderation, IMHO. To my knowledge, I have not once been kicked from Slayer Nest, except by him and the rogue rank years ago. I hold nothing against Conc personally, and do not wish him any ill will, but the repeated kicking does seem very petty to me.

Lleg did inform me the supposed reasoning for the kick was 'trolling for GOT spoilers.'

Again, if Conc has a valid issue, he should seek to make it known to me before resorting to kicking me from the channel for the hour.

Screenshot follows.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
Conc Blast
Basilisk


Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 pm

I know you have me on ignore, it wasn't 'retard', it was 'derp head' and you flipped out and ignored me after I called you out for overreacting, even after the issue was settled. There is no grudge, ill feeling, or any negative bias I have against you, you just merely ignore the warnings I give and it's acting against you.

A warning was given out, if you didn't have me on the ignore list, you would've seen it. This was the first time I've kicked you with only one, and continued discussion on the topic wasn't welcome. Your question "do they even have doors?" was ridiculous and actually pointing out why or pushing that specific topic would have ruined a major spoiler for many. I stand by my decision but I'm sorry it had to come to it.

I will warn you when warranted, but I'm not going to go through a third party, if you can't see the warning, that's your fault.



Since you brought up the previous kicks' fairness, I'll remind you of what they were:

5 May 2016: The last time I kicked you, you were calling pingu's future kid's name a stripper name, and birch gave you multiple warnings.

23 Feb 2016: You called IRDeebz (Legolas G, another rank) an asswipe and said you'd spit a blood soaked loogie into his mouth.

17 Dec 2015: an argument between you and Roarke led to both of you being kicked. He called you a derp head, I suggested you not let silly names get under your skin, and you continued to argue with me. I gave up and called you a derp head. I've been on your ignore since.

15 Dec 2015: I warned you for trolling and inciting an argument, I lobbied, found you mocking my warning, and kicked you for disrespecting ranks in front of 3 generals.
Back to top Go down
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Conc Blast wrote:
I know you have me on ignore, it wasn't 'retard', it was 'derp head' and you flipped out and ignored me after I called you out for overreacting, even after the issue was settled. There is no grudge, ill feeling, or any negative bias I have against you, you just merely ignore the warnings I give and it's acting against you.

A warning was given out, if you didn't have me on the ignore list, you would've seen it. This was the first time I've kicked you with only one, and continued discussion on the topic wasn't welcome. Your question "do they even have doors?" was ridiculous and actually pointing out why or pushing that specific topic would have ruined a major spoiler for many. I stand by my decision but I'm sorry it had to come to it.

I will warn you when warranted, but I'm not going to go through a third party, if you can't see the warning, that's your fault.



Since you brought up the previous kicks' fairness, I'll remind you of what they were:

5 May 2016: The last time I kicked you, you were calling pingu's future kid's name a stripper name, and birch gave you multiple warnings.

23 Feb 2016: You called IRDeebz (Legolas G, another rank) an asswipe and said you'd spit a blood soaked loogie into his mouth.

17 Dec 2015: an argument between you and Roarke led to both of you being kicked. He called you a derp head, I suggested you not let silly names get under your skin, and you continued to argue with me. I gave up and called you a derp head. I've been on your ignore since.

15 Dec 2015: I warned you for trolling and inciting an argument, I lobbied, found you mocking my warning, and kicked you for disrespecting ranks in front of 3 generals.


It is my fault that you chose to interact with another ranked member in an insulting and inflammatory manner? What isn't offensive to you and your perception of my 'overreaction' is completely irrelevant. You are a captain in Slayer nest and frankly, the way you spoke to me was not befitting that. I really dont care enough to delve into this, but it is your responsibility to make your warnings known to the person you are warning.

I'll admit that some of my remarks as you documented were off the cuff, and I will point out that a lot of what I say in FC is in jest, while it may not be in the best taste. That doesnt make it an instantly kickable offence. The fact remains that you are the ONLY rank that has kicked me from Slayer nest in the considerable time I have been here, and that is why I believe that it is personal and that you are holding a grudge against me. It is a pattern.

I will not be unignoring you, especially since you are obviously failing to see where I may have been coming from during the initial incident. Calling me names was unwarranted and totally uncalled for in the situation, and honestly, I was totally blown away that a kicking rank would speak in such a disrespectful manner to a fellow Slayer Nest member.

I am sorry for your lack of understanding as to why I may not enjoy being called a 'derp head.'
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
Conc Blast
Basilisk


Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 10:44 pm

Well, tough. You're not supposed to have ranks on ignore, you're not supposed to disrespect other ranks either. If you're going to victim troll by writing an essay on how 'derp head' is comparable to, or a greater offense than, your conduct in the FC this past 6 months, I can't have a serious conversation with you. Clearly you have a trigger, and it's stupid.
Back to top Go down
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 11:07 pm

I am unaware of any rule that says I must have all ranks unignored. You can feel free to educate me, but I have added you to my ignore list on here as well.

Typify me as a troll if you wish. My points still stand and I believe you have abused your status in your moderation of the FC. Your comments have been noted and I will be requesting a higher rank to review this thread.

Thank you for calling me stupid again, you are only further proving my point in that you have treated me in a rude and disrespectful manner.

Your actions towards me are in no way a reflection on my character, and your perceptions have little to do with reality.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Mon May 23, 2016 11:17 pm

Here are the relevant sections from the rules on Slayer Nest thread on RSOF:

6. Respecting Ranks – Ranks have been awarded their rank because they have the capability and maturity to make the community a more enjoyable place. When asked to stop or change topic by a Captain or General, please do so. They have the chat’s best interests in mind. Non-compliance with this will result in a kick.

You have claimed that I have disrespected ranks, and was kicked for that. I do not have a direct memory of the incident, so unless you have screencaps, I can only take your word for it. Nonetheless, I do respect and help aid ranks when the subject is asked to be changed. You'll see that there is no mention of having to have all ranks off your ignore list.

4. Trolling/Negative comments/Flaming/Insults – This chat is for people to come and have fun, gain knowledge, and take away the grind of skills. Those who wish to come into the chat to annoy others will be kicked! This community is not a place for people to start fights!

You call me a troll, and while I do admit that some of my comments were over the line, there is a level of banter that generally exists in the FC. I believe that you are using your grudge against me, and your status as a kicking rank to mount a crusade against your perceived slight. I really don't care if you think i am over-sensitive or reactive, it is immaterial, and I believe you should be held accountable for allowing your personal BS to influence your moderation of the FC. While I may troll sometimes, I always stop if requested or if I know before I go too far. The simple fact that you are on my ignore list has nothing to do with anything. You are not above reproach, you are not god, you are a moderator of an internet chat room, and your job is to make things run smoothly, not carry out your personal vendettas.

Again, there is nowhere in the rules on the thread that states I cannot ignore you. So please, try again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
PrimalMoose
Warped Terrorbird


Posts : 400
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 5:10 am

The silver stars (gens? icr) are there to help keep the chat friendly, and conc's just trying to achieve that. Some things like GoT spoilers should probably be handled with a degree of caution, since some people might get incredibly upset if you spoil something like that, similar to how annoyed I'd get if someone spoiled something massive in an RS quest that was just released. Similarly, your attitude can sometimes be a little abrasive but it can go too far (as you yourself stated).

The warnings were given, so the simple solution would be to not have conc on your ignore list - he's already stated that there's no hard feelings or whatever, and it would really make things much simpler :/
Back to top Go down
Conc Blast
Basilisk


Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 8:56 am

Eco, I never called you stupid. Don't twist my words. Please reread my comment if you have any disputes. If something so immature and insignificant as "derp head" offends you so much to warrant a 6+ month ignore list spot and paranoia that I have something against you, I don't know what to tell you. I'll just let it be.

You're right now though, adding ranks has been moved to Captains+. I remember being asked to add all bronze+ when I earned my bronze star back in the day, you should too. So you don't have to keep me added, but ignoring any future warnings and continued toxic behavior will be met with a kick. Keeping me on ignore may have them hit you blindly. That's on you. That includes warnings for spam, requested subject changes, banter turned hostile, excessive trolling, and rank disrepect.

That said, I really don't see much to worry about there, do you? You're normally a pleasant person but you admittedly have a habit of going too far.

Ecopoet wrote:
While I may troll sometimes, I always stop if requested or if I know before I go too far. The simple fact that you are on my ignore list has nothing to do with anything.

Trolling is against the rules. It's a kickable offense and always has been. It isn't a black and white definition, but you know it when you see it, and it may not even be intentional. That's why we warn first, and I tend to let a lot slide. If you miss the warning(s), that's your fault.

Ecopoet wrote:
You call me a troll, and while I do admit that some of my comments were over the line, there is a level of banter that generally exists in the FC. I believe that you are using your grudge against me, and your status as a kicking rank to mount a crusade against your perceived slight. I really don't care if you think i am over-sensitive or reactive, it is immaterial, and I believe you should be held accountable for allowing your personal BS to influence your moderation of the FC.

Ecopoet wrote:
You are not above reproach, you are not god, you are a moderator of an internet chat room, and your job is to make things run smoothly, not carry out your personal vendettas.

Nope, I'm not, and honestly thank you for the feedback. I don't understand what kind of grudge I could have against you. If I should, have one could you please explain why?

Having to warn/kick you and write it up annoys me occasionally, but that's about it. I'd rather not tbh, since it takes time out of my day. Keeping the FC running smoothly isn't always easy, judgment calls have to be made, and I'm not perfect. Sometimes (see saxo etc) my kicks are a bit heavy handed towards repeat offenders and there's no easy way to address that situation. Apologies if I've done something to deeply offend you, but I suspect you're projecting your grudge against me. Getting kicked occasionally isn't as big a deal as you're making it out to be. The only person carrying a vendetta is you.
Back to top Go down
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 11:59 am

It is not my place to speculate as to why you may or may not have a grudge against me. I can only base my conclusions on what I have observed, being on the receiving end of your power trip. I am still waiting for an explanation as to why you are the only person who has kicked me from Slayer Nest in the many years that I have been a member.

The fact that I have you on ignore, for a perfectly valid reason (though you may not view it as such) and that I cannot see your warnings does not justify a kick in itself, and that is what I have a problem with.

It is indiscriminate, lazy, and frankly, an abuse of power.

To imply that I am the only person who has a vendetta is frankly absurd, and totally irrelevant, since I have no means to carry out a crusade against you, while you are in a position of power over me with your indiscriminate kicking.

I don't believe that I am under any obligation to leave you off ignore, especially with the disrespectful and insulting manner that you CHOSE to interact with me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
Conc Blast
Basilisk


Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 12:54 pm

Ecopoet wrote:
It is not my place to speculate as to why you may or may not have a grudge against me.

It is though, you had my permission and I asked you to. You're pressing the issue and claiming something's there that isn't, and I have yet to see a justification as to why I would have one or how it would have come to be. You're angry and have a grudge against me so you think I care enough to have a grudge against you. Get over yourself.

The kicks I gave were all valid, and given multiple prior warnings. This last one was the only one given with only one. What other ranks choose to act on and what they choose not to is their own prerogative. If there's any power abuse here, it's you assuming a bronze star means you're above the rules, have an assumed right to troll and play the victim when people call you out on it.

If laying out facts and opinions on a discussion is disrespectful or insulting to you, so be it. Keep me on ignore, for whatever reason, I don't care. If my opinion on the matter offends you, tough. But for the last time, if you miss a warning because of it, that's on you.

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I'm not kicking you for the fact that you can't see a warning, nor am I kicking in place of one. You just don't see them so they're ignored warnings and they take you by surprise.
Back to top Go down
Ecopoet
Cave Bug


Posts : 18
Join date : 2010-01-15
Location : Northern California

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Conc Blast wrote:
Ecopoet wrote:
It is not my place to speculate as to why you may or may not have a grudge against me.

It is though, you had my permission and I asked you to. You're pressing the issue and claiming something's there that isn't, and I have yet to see a justification as to why I would have one or how it would have come to be. You're angry and have a grudge against me so you think I care enough to have a grudge against you. Get over yourself.

The kicks I gave were all valid, and given multiple prior warnings. This last one was the only one given with only one. What other ranks choose to act on and what they choose not to is their own prerogative. If there's any power abuse here, it's you assuming a bronze star means you're above the rules, have an assumed right to troll and play the victim when people call you out on it.

If laying out facts and opinions on a discussion is disrespectful or insulting to you, so be it. Keep me on ignore, for whatever reason, I don't care. If my opinion on the matter offends you, tough. But for the last time, if you miss a warning because of it, that's on you.

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I'm not kicking you for the fact that you can't see a warning, nor am I kicking in place of one. You just don't see them so they're ignored warnings and they take you by surprise.

Wow, you are really grasping at straws here, huh?

First of all, I have absolutely no interest in speculating what your motives may be. I am not a telepath, I cant read your mind, so what I think your damage is is immaterial. The fact remains that you are THE ONLY rank who has kicked me from Slayer Nest, EVER. Six times at that. This is a clear and established pattern, that I believe speaks for itself.

To imply that I am 'abusing my power as a bronze rank,' is laughable at best (what power?) I have never stated or implied that I am above the rules, and I do my best to abide by them. Your perception of my 'assumed right to troll and play the victim' only highlights my point that this is all very personal to you.

The disrespect that I was referring to was the initial interaction that earned you a permanent space on my ignore list, but good job conflating that. It is still my position that you have a duty to make your warnings known, whether you are on my ignore list or not, and I am considering each and every kick you have perpetrated upon me to be improperly warned.

I have been an active and positive member of Slayer Nest for almost ten years now, and my interactions with you have been so distasteful that I am considering leaving permanently. If that is how you wish to moderate, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bare_thou_flapiacks
Conc Blast
Basilisk


Posts : 192
Join date : 2010-10-04

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Tue May 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Ecopoet wrote:
I have never stated or implied that I am above the rules, and I do my best to abide by them.

Then get better at it and this will all become a non-issue.
Back to top Go down
Barca
Soulgazer


Posts : 13489
Join date : 2010-06-23
Location : Sweden

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Fri May 27, 2016 2:53 am

Alright, no one is forcing you to take him off your ignore list, that’s your call. However, warning players though a third party certainly isn’t a viable option. If you choose to keep him ignored, then you’re putting yourself in a position where you won’t be able to see his warnings. You guys had your little fight half a year ago now, can’t we just drop it and move on? Having two ranks fighting isn’t good for anything.
Now in regards of the times that you have been kicked from the friends chat. The incident from the screenshot provided in this thread, ehhhhh. I don’t really see what he did wrong, and myself personally wouldn't have kicked anyone for it. Then again, I haven’t read or watched any got(prob the only person alive not to) so I can’t really judge if this 'door thingy' was such a major spoiler. But spoilers in general aren’t welcome. Now looking at the other times Conc have kicked you I’d have to say that they actually all seem kick or at least definitely worthy of a warning, which he in all cases gave out before kicking.

Anyhow, it would be the best for everyone if you guys could simply get along.

_________________


Darth<3:
 
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon


Posts : 1311
Join date : 2011-03-24
Location : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Fri May 27, 2016 3:08 am

Just drop it Eco.

No offense, but I've got used to you during the couple of years.
It's just that chat-level has dropped so much (with insults, cursing, offensive names everywhere, "friendly bugging", not respecting rank's will, etc.
You often just bring the "oil on the fire", which I would expect by some less inteligent clannies.

Be reasonable and don't contribute to the low chat discussions.

Also, yesterday you were asking tips about the latest Meg's case. I warned you it's a spoiler kind of topic (just because there wasn't even 24hours since it's release) and you have to respect that.
You didn't drop the topic - therefore on this case I'm on Concs side.
You've been in the chat for so long to know better and as Rules stands we still try to encourage enjoyful atmosphere for everyone.

Good day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: My Kicks   Today at 6:13 am

Back to top Go down
 
My Kicks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» My Kicks
» She Kicks Like a Mule!
» FIFA 14 - How To Take Free Kicks [ByTwenty]
» How to score free kicks on fifa 14
» KOSHI-TANTAN

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: