One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone want to explain this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Capn Dawns
Crawling Hand

PostSubject: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:47 am

http://i.imgur.com/CYBTAVA.png

Could someone please explain this? I was always under the impression and shown that the word "Merondonononononononon" was offensive and not allowed in fc.
Ford Fiesta and Veg said otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Chajak
Cave Horror

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:43 am

The language rule is interpreted differently from one person to another, it all depends on who is on at the time.

Some capts/gens will allow use of the word based on how it was used, while others will warn no matter what.

Like what veg said in the screenshot, the phrases "oh **** I died" and "you are a piece of ****" are two very different things.

Personally I would allow use of the first phrase, it's understandable that death sucks and sometimes it just slips out, that doesn't mean I want it to be used constantly though. The second phrase I deem offensive and will not allow.
Back to top Go down
Scottracy
Wall Beast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:47 am

My stance on this issue is the same its always been, which was explained in the FC before veg had his say.

We have many young nesters, and although they are mature some wont understand contexts and how other adults use them..this will lead to inappropriate usage of swears.

Yes its all well and good once in a while for something to slip out, but the majority of the FC swears have been usually blatant and without reason or towards another member.

Anyone being disrespectful or using profanities in chat will get warned and if they continue..they will be timed out.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Qp
Cave Bug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:12 pm

Well I am glad this confusion got all cleared up
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:37 pm

Big cheese here. As Chajak said above depending on moderator this rules has been interpreted differently. Personally, I prefer to see zero swearing at all but unlike most (if not all gens) I rather the nest has a much more heavily moderated atmosphere compares to what is is now to be honest. We use to have no swearing at all, back in Scottracy's day and that's how I have liked it to be.

I know for a fact however Mufc prefers a more relaxed environment where he doesn't mind the occasional swear word thrown out there as long as its not directed at someone.

Needless to say, we know it is a bit of an issue at the moment and this is a rule we need to standardise across moderators.

But as I said above, I prefer to not see swearing at all, not necessarily because there are younger people in the chat, I just prefer a nice clean chat.

Back to top Go down
VegIsHawt
Phoenix

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:54 pm

It is because of people like you that we cannot have nice things.  We would like to allow people to express themselves but it is because of idiots like cogos that we cannot.  Immediately after I said it depends on context, he goes and just says Merondonononononononon every other word just because he can.  If you idiots did not make it such a big deal every time someone said it, we would not have this problem.  If you did not try so damn hard to get a rank and act all "omg he said oh Merondonononononononon when he died at nex, lets call the police because he said a bad word", no one would have given a Merondonononononononon or been offended.

And as for Scott saying we have young nesters?  You wot m8?  You cannot even play this game if you are not older than 13.  I can assure you 13 year olds know bad words.  The average age of a Runescaper is well over 20 by now, with only 9% of players less than 15 and over 70% greater than 18.  So 'young' is a weak excuse.

Lets look at a scenario here. If I am doing vorago and I died and said "ah Merondonononononononon I died" and you did NOT have suckups saying "oooo he said a bad word" would anyone care? Would kids be offended? Hell no. The only reason there is ever even an issue is because people say stupid crap and bring up the 'rule'. The moment would have came and passed in that instance.

Last edited by VegIsHawt on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Qp
Cave Bug

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 pm

VegIsHawt wrote:
It is because of people like you that we cannot have nice things.  We would like to allow people to express themselves but it is because of idiots like cogos that we cannot.  Immediately after I said it depends on context, he goes and just says Merondonononononononon every other word just because he can.  If you idiots did not make it such a big deal every time someone said it, we would not have this problem.  If you did not try so damn hard to get a rank and act all "omg he said oh Merondonononononononon when he died at nex, lets call the police because he said a bad word", no one would have given a Merondonononononononon or been offended.

Where is your evidence because i never said that?

By the way here for my thread regarding Veg
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:02 am

Well, ranked players are in chat because they succeed to show respect and helpfulness to the FC and community in general.

As Hop a stated, many 'mid offensive' phrases words can be interpretated differently from person to person.
As long as you don't harm any of the chat members or community (disrespectful behaveour, ...) it is OK (talking how I'd react), but as soon as someone feels offended it is not OK. Can be simple statement such as '**** I died'. If someone is offended by it, don't use it.
On the other hand, ranked players are here to prevent any abuse and prevent any chat fights.
Of course at the end the problematic member will be removed - this doesn't mean you can receive penalty right away.
Discouraging the community in general is not welcomed in chat and is therefore banned.

Try to be supportive, such as any QCed level-up deserves Congrats, but if you don't feel like it, don't post at all.

All raging, spamming also can have very slim line where it is indeed offensive or not - but if ranked player feels that's an abuse it will be banned.

As long as I'm in Nest, I don't think we had many (if any at all) power abuse, so respect the ranked players and all other players in chat as well - easiest tip to keep it cleen and good mood chat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone want to explain this?   Today at 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down

Anyone want to explain this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1