One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:20 pm

What are everyone's thoughts about this new world event and all that which it entails?

Personally I was quite astonished to find out that the genders were the opposite of what I thought they were. Brassica Prime (all hail the one true god of deliciousness!) turned out to be male whereas Marimbo (boooo, bad god is bad) was female.  affraid 

Aside from that I think that this is a really good event and from what I've gathered during my first playthrough of the minigame; it is rather enjoyable as well. Smile

Villi and the Voice - a scrollventure.
Back to top Go down
Phonixz
Ganodermic Beast
Ganodermic Beast

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:08 pm

I know I'm slacking when I learn about updates from SNOF then realise people have been talking about it all day. Time to go on RS!

Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 am

Tips for playing the new minigame: grab a bonfire boost to increase your hp and make sure to rest whenever possible while you're in the safe area to recover hp faster. Smile

Last edited by Villiama on Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 am

Will try it today, hopefully!
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 am

I like it; although rewards should be better Smile
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:21 am

Indeed. I hope they'll update it next week, I'm keen for some new abilities for the minigame.

Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 am

Indeed Smile
And item rewards are meh...

I like the scoring system with time frame you got to complete run.
Like it that it isn't so AFKable, but still I don't find how this WE would help anyone to understand the ongoing storylines or history itself.
Back to top Go down
Rohiit
Harpie Bug Swarm

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:12 am

Villiama wrote:
Indeed. I hope they'll update it next week, I'm keen for some new abilities for the minigame.

Doubt this will happen, cause if it does happen they will have to add cabbage/monkey god to gwd/or someother place, otherwise it will be unfair with rest of players. and some of it will result player having rage quits, and as you know jagex wouldn't want that.
i may be blunt and say, personally i have played few rounds and now i see no reason to want to play more of this event. my reason are: no chunk of xps, no xp lamps, no gear, no ability reward. and that is why this event is not worth it, i wouldn't even want to spend 1 min on it.(no offence, but this is how i feel)
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am

the rewards aren't great but I like the idea of the slayer vip ticket, and the patch bomb is ok if you farm allotments, but otherwise yh the rewards kinda suck  Neutral 
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:21 pm

It was never intended to be a real world event anyway so I guess we couldn't have expected much more than we got. Razz

In other news, I noticed today that they did release some new abilities for the minigame - but they are far too expensive for my taste. They're more useful than the first batch though.

Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:06 am

Villiama wrote:
In other news, I noticed today that they did release some new abilities for the minigame - but they are far too expensive for my taste. They're more useful than the first batch though.

the one that moves you ahead 6 spots or whatever sounds useful
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo   Today at 11:06 am

Back to top Go down

New world event. Brassica vs. Marimbo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1