One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hopalong
Soulgazer

PostSubject: 2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014   Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:08 am

Hey everyone, now that we have completed both the 12 Days of Bossmass with our banks full of loot, I just wanted to take this time and talk about some of our past events this year, and finish up with some changes we’ll be making to how events will work in the future.  First up, I’d like to thank each and every one of you for attending our events.  It may not seem like much, but it is always awesome when people actually show up to something you put some time and effort into.  All of you are truly the finest community out there, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything else.  Anyways, on to a review of a few of this year’s events, and what better to start on than Wilderness Warbands?

Wilderness Warbands has been one of our most prominent events this year.  Hell, it’s made our name much more known.  When the usual Warband looting FC’s hear our names, they know there’s trouble ahead, and a lot of it.  I can’t thank you guys enough for helping us build our Warband FC to become one of the most prominent ones around.  We prove that you don’t have to be a PK’ing oriented FC to be massively successful in Wilderness Warbands.  I can’t get away from this topic without mentioning how much help Veg and Stit have been in all things Warbands.  Their efforts are in part why our Warbands are so successful, and they truly deserve a pat on the back for what they’ve done.  However, while Warbands are great and all, our festive events this year have been quite good as well.  We had quite a few drops in our 12 Days of Bossmass onslaught, with a Divine Sigil being the cherry on top.  I hope all of you who attended had a wonderful time, I know I did!  Finally, with Secret Santa coming to a close, I really wish everyone a merry Christmas and a nice and restful holiday.

Now, I’d like to talk about some future plans we have for events.  I will be stepping down as the main events coordinator.  This year was extremely tough on me in terms of hosting events, and I can only foresee it getting harder on me as time passes.  Now this doesn’t mean there will be no events in the future, don’t worry!  I have discussed this with my fellow Generals and with a selection of other nesters, and I would like to introduce you to the Slayer Nest Events Team.  These guys will be your go to about any event related questions.  Without further ado, the Events Team (or E-Team) is comprised of: Chajak, Spyrtia, Stit, and Solomon Muto (otherwise known as Bidoofs).  Starting on the 4th of January, these guys will be leading our Official Slayer Nest Events and will be in charge of all things related to events.  Generals will be playing a more managerial position here, and while they may plan and organize events from time to time, they will not be the main source of events.  I have the utmost confidence in each one of our Events Team members, and I believe they will make our weekly events even better.  Good luck guys, I know you’ll all be just fine!  As a side note, this doesn’t mean that you can’t organize your own impromptu events if you want; the E-Team members are just in charge of our core reoccurring events (non-Warbands).

And with that, I believe that is all that I have to say.  Thank you to everyone for making this year fantastic and for making the past 4 (or so) years an absolutely amazing time as your Events Coordinator and Organizer.  Next year will be an awesome year for events, so I hope you all plan on sticking around for them!  Here’s to an awesome 2014! cheers

- Hopalong

J

Last edited by Hopalong on Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Villiama
Dark Beast

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014   Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:58 pm

I couldn't help but notice how you said "All of you are truly the finest community out there". Don't even try that, Hop a. You know perfectly well you're part of it too. Very Happy It should say "All of us", yes? Wink

Oh and I demand a reassuring post from the events team that says we'll be in good hands or something of that nature!! *moar exclamation points. Like, a dozen or sumthing*

Additionally it'd be nice to hear if they have any preliminary plans for any events or an event schedule already in mind for 2014. Smile

Villi and the Voice - a scrollventure.
Back to top Go down
Interrogates
Capsarius

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:17 pm

Villi event team 2015!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014   

Back to top Go down

2013 Events and Some Changes for 2014
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1