One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Clan mates needing help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
0o Skyy o0
Cave Crawler

PostSubject: Clan mates needing help    Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 am

Ive noticed lately that alot of people are selective to who they help in clan chat when they have a problem or need a question answered....This needs fixing
Back to top Go down
Shmako
Mutated Zygomite

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:06 pm

That's a bit sad :/

I generally try to help out everyone, but that makes me look like a talkative know-it-all and a bit of an ass sometimes. Fine line, can't win either way lol.

Though, I can't say I've witnessed this personally so I can't really say anything on the matter. Neutral
Back to top Go down
DearCelestia
Molanisk

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Can't say I've really seen this either.
Only time I see people not get help is if they're asking a question nobody can answer or
asking for an effigy assist. Probably just them asking at the wrong time.
Could you give some examples please? I'd like to see just what you mean :/
Back to top Go down
kirfalex
Desert Strykewyrm

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Name and shame, like it's always been.
Back to top Go down
Ziksy
Abyssal Demon

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 am

I've seen this couple of times in the Nest.
Rather than easy fix, this I find like a long-time "problem". If I can at all call it problem.
People feel more comfortable to chat (and help) with familiar names in the Nest.
In a way it is important how the question it's stated in the first place.

Myself I don't have problem answering any question (if I know the answer), to anyone.
The problem increased at more complex questions (as stated above), but just because those answers can't be easily Googled.

In any way, I still think Nest is great source of informations, but true those who will only interact with others when they need help, won't have as great success (IMO).

Try to ask questions politely (please and Thank you do the charm), plus for some more complex answers you might have to work the answer by yourself, but in most cases you can see conversation developing in Nest.

If you however see any kind of discrimination (not that I have...) feel free to contact any of the ranks in-game Wink

GL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm

For the most part, I think the chat has been generally positive, and the questions I have seen asked seem to be answered in a timely manner. Some of the questions about cost for levels, such as "How much will it cost me to 85 herb from 62" are not easily answerable and require some calculation. While some folks are willing to go the extra mile and do the calculations for you, I don't think it's unfair to refer question-posers to a skill calculator (i.e. tip.it or zybez).

With regard to needing a player's assistance in-game, I do agree that some people tend to help their friends more often than people they may not know. For example, helping with an anti-crash, or bringing something to a remote region, etc. Don't take it personally if the entire chat does not offer to help you out, especially if the scenario endangers their character or their items. And in times where the chat is busy, don't be afraid to ask the question more than twice, and to be polite about it in the process.

Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clan mates needing help    Today at 1:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Clan mates needing help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1