One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Autumns Edge lying.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stitie
Wall Beast


Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:42 am

Jddogg wrote:
Talmo wrote:
I know its not really my place to say, but if this clan chat is causing you problems, or if the rules are not to your liking, go join a different clan? Plenty of them out there.

I wasn't complaining about the rules... Why is the solution for me to just have to go away? I'm not causing problems with anyone. How is that even fair to say that Talmo? Come on bro...

let me sumarise
1. you're not complaining about the rules
2. you feel demonised, abused and whatever
3. you never offended anyone
4.you blame mikey for not knowing you and talking 'bad' about you

I'm kindly asking to watch these pictures, aka your first words ever against me.







my response
1. you are complaining about the rules
2. i wonder who in this convo was demonising, abusing,...
3. look response 2
4. nice first words to me

ps: just a hint: don't call people who try to help you a nazi, people tend to get less tolerant when you do.
Back to top Go down
Jddogg
Cave Crawler


Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:49 am

Lmao stit. This was all after you had kicked me once again for defending myself and others were not kicked for doing the same thing. Also i don't see where i was being a "Demon" in the chat you posted? Seems like a fairly normal response from someone whos sick of being picked on repeatedly.

Whatever lol i can see no one here is gunna admit they're wrong.
Back to top Go down
stitie
Wall Beast


Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:58 am

Jddogg wrote:
Lmao stit. This was all after you had kicked me once again for defending myself and others were not kicked for doing the same thing. Also i don't see where i was being a "Demon" in the chat you posted? Seems like a fairly normal response from someone whos sick of being picked on repeatedly.

Whatever lol i can see no one here is gunna admit they're wrong.

As it is clear to me no-one *cough* can indeed admit they're wrong, my final words to you:
1. A response like this to someone you don't know ISN'T fairly normal.
2. Calling people a nazi and refering to blonde hair, blue eyes etc IS demonizing
3. have fun in life and on rs, i sincerely hope you'll find a way to feel happy AND make others happy

grts
Back to top Go down
Jddogg
Cave Crawler


Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm

stitie wrote:
Jddogg wrote:
Lmao stit. This was all after you had kicked me once again for defending myself and others were not kicked for doing the same thing. Also i don't see where i was being a "Demon" in the chat you posted? Seems like a fairly normal response from someone whos sick of being picked on repeatedly.

Whatever lol i can see no one here is gunna admit they're wrong.

As it is clear to me no-one *cough* can indeed admit they're wrong, my final words to you:
1. A response like this to someone you don't know ISN'T fairly normal.
2. Calling people a nazi and refering to blonde hair, blue eyes etc IS demonizing
3. have fun in life and on rs, i sincerely hope you'll find a way to feel happy AND make others happy

grts

Wait.... what?!?! Where in that picture did i call someone a nazi and refer to blonde hair and blue eyes?!?! Where are you getting this from lol.
Your little numbered responses dont make you seem any more valid. Also your #3 was completely unnescessary, but sure whatever u say.


Also when you postedf the picture you said to notice my first words to you....? I don't get what i said wrong? All idid was ask for an explanation why people are constantly jumping down my throat after i was kicked for no reason?
You are good at making me look bad lol... if people don't check your claims you could actually get away with it.


Last edited by Jddogg on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pholus
Soulgazer


Posts : 8608
Join date : 2011-11-05
Location : Canada

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 pm

There is a rule in hockey (at least in North America) about what is considered 'unsportsmanlike conduct'. This rule is not often enforced, but when it is, the players who are penalized are up to the discretion of the referee(s). What is important to remember is that the referee is a person, not a machine, and therefore is neither 100% accurate nor 100% unbiased. There are times when a referee will make a call that is clearly wrong, and these mis-calls cause the referee to be demonized. However, after time this bias tends to go away, as people forget. Referees also tend to make better calls when they are not being harassed by other people, thus making everyone happier.

In this story, lets pretend that you are a player who has been penalized; rightfully or wrongly, it doesn't really matter at this point. In the eyes of the referee, you are a 'repeat offender', therefore you are given less tolerance than others (no, it may not be fair, but that is the reality). You have chosen to abuse the referee by sending him messages that show you do not wish to 'forgive and forget', insulting him and trying to plead your case in a time when nothing you say will change what has happened. This referee (a person, I'd like to remind you) is having his view of you negatively affected by your behaviour. The next time you come close to crossing the line, he will likely penalize you, with a large portion of his decision based on your past behaviour towards him. I hope you can see how this will form a continuous cycle, damaging your relationship with him beyond repair (as this referee will lose all respect and compassion towards you).

Some other points I would like to express:

1. In the case of the 'bullying' stopping by your absence, you do realize that if you are in a different chat, the ranks of this fc can and will do nothing about any behaviour you choose to display, effectively meaning that you can have 0 contact with them (assuming you don't pm them or vice versa)

2. As far as being confused with this other person named Jdogg, have you considered changing your display name? The fact that your name is so similar is, in my opinion, causing almost all, if not all, of this confusion.

3. People are, in general, nicer towards people who are nice to them. Perhaps if you tried being nice towards the ranks, this 'bullying' and 'abuse' you receive from them would diminish.

4. Finally, I would like to apologize if I have offended you in any way. My intentions were never to cause offense or elicit any negative feelings from you. On that note, I would like to offer a piece of advice (which you are naturally free to use or disregard): if you can learn to have thicker skin, you will not need to be as defensive as you currently are.
Back to top Go down
Jddogg
Cave Crawler


Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:13 pm

Thank you Pholus. I agree what you are saying but that also doesn't make it fair what's happening.
I just want everyone to take a step back, asking for a fresh chance i guess? That would make the most sense, unless of course you guys feel i deserve to be banished forever from your community, then of course i suppose i will leave, but i don't think thats fair.

You said it yourself even that you agree most if this is because of the confusion with the other Jdogg person. Can we all just realize i'm not him and drop the predispositions?

About the name change... i have used the screenname Jddogg on runescape since 2001, and Jddogg has been my login name in EVERY single online game i've ever played (Wow, Lol, Swtor, gw2, diablo,starcraft, tera, etc etc) So this name is very very important to me. It is my sole online identity, so it's really a shame some other loser had to go and name himself Jdogg and cause this confusion for me.

I understand that i need to have thicker skin and not be so defensive, but you also realize pholus, that i have been being attacked because of the confusion with Jdogg or whatever it may be so that's why i've been being defensive.
I just can't stand being constantly attacked for seemingly nothing.
Back to top Go down
stitie
Wall Beast


Posts : 139
Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Jddogg wrote:


Wait.... what?!?! Where in that picture did i call someone a nazi and refer to blonde hair and blue eyes?!?! Where are you getting this from lol.
Your little numbered responses dont make you seem any more valid. Also your #3 was completely unnescessary, but sure whatever u say.


line 6: you call sn a nazi chat
3rd line from the bottom: ' is it also a problem that i'm not blonde hair/blue eyed'
enough said.

Back to top Go down
Jddogg
Cave Crawler


Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 pm

stitie wrote:


Wait.... what?!?! Where in that picture did i call someone a nazi and refer to blonde hair and blue eyes?!?! Where are you getting this from lol.
Your little numbered responses dont make you seem any more valid. Also your #3 was completely unnescessary, but sure whatever u say.


line 6: you call sn a nazi chat
3rd line from the bottom: ' is it also a problem that i'm not blonde hair/blue eyed'
enough said.

[/quote]

Yo dude. We're trying to resolve this not keep this going first of all.
Second of all i didn't see where i said anything about a nazi chat and the blonde hair blue eyed thing was obviously a joke..... But i'm sure you can see my frustration if you read the rest. I was kicked for questioning a rule.... I can see you just want to keep arguing with me though and you would like the problem to exist instead of resolving it.
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer


Posts : 3157
Join date : 2009-10-27
Location : Mission Viejo, California

PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Jddogg, while we have enjoyed having you in the chat we feel that it's your time to leave. I'm sorry to infom you of this, but here's our reasoning behind it. To start off, we should look at the rules that you have broken (you can find a full list of rules here):
Hop a wrote:
Trolling/Negative comments/Flaming/Insults – This chat is for people to come and have fun, gain knowledge and take away the grind of skills. Those who wish to come into the chat to annoy others will be kicked! This community is not a place for people to start fights!
First of all, you have continued to flame people not only in PMs, which you continually tell us that we can't base anything off of. However, it's not that we can't, it's that we normally don't. We normally gauge these kinds of things based on your actions in the chat. However, when things lapse from the friends chat into private messages, things get a bit iffy. Case and point:

While this is outside of the Friends Chat (which I'm sure you'll point out), it does in fact happen to be something that carried over from the Friends Chat to the Private chat when you were kicked. Anyways, You are flaming Purple Warpig here. However, this isn't the only instance in which you can be found flaming. Particularly in Stits' screenshot you do in fact refer to us as being Nazis and that you are being discriminated for being different. You can see this in this screenshot:

Continuing along those lines, you also call the leadership (or at least only a few) Nazis. (evidence can be found here.)
It's extremely clear to everyone that you flame people when they either 1. don't agree with you or 2. kick you. This is in part due to you being so defensive, and I think it's worthwhile mentioning that I agree that being defensive is good. I have respect for someone who sticks by what they think and who tries to make a point when it is appropriate. However, in this instance you show a poor understanding of our rules (which you do claim to know), because you would have arrived at the same conclusion that we have that you're are clearly violating this rule. But I digress... Another rule you've been neglecting is this one:

Hop a wrote:
Swearing – Although JaGeX has an option to toggle the censor off, that does not mean we permit it in the chat. Please curb your swearing to a minimum while in the chat, those who are found heavily swearing will be warned to stop. Certain swears will be permitted from time to time (Hell, Ass and Damn), but if you use these in a context where we feel you’re insulting someone, you will be warned to stop.
I discussed it in the thread, which can be found here. While this seems minor compared to above, it is worth mentioning. Note: I am not basing this off of your PMs that you have sent to our leadership.

And the final two rules:
Hop a wrote:
Respecting Ranks – Ranks have been awarded their rank because they have the capability and maturity to make the community a more enjoyable place. When asked to stop or change topic by a Captain or General, please do so. They have the chat’s best interests in mind. Noncompliance with this will result in a kick.

A note on Discretion - Captains and above reserve the right to be able to warn and kick as they see fit, as long as the subject of the matter seems to be sufficiently disturbing or harmful to a certain degree.[/quote]

I don't know what to say here Jddogg, you do not respect that our ranks have been chosen to make decisions like these. They do know the rules they do go through a rigorous rank ups where the Generals hand pick each and every rank. They do know what they're talking about, and they do know how the chat operates (most of them have had at least a year in the chat). They are qualified and normally always justified in who they kick and on what grounds.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad new Jddogg, but this is just the decision we Generals have seen fit to make. I hope you understand why, and hopefully you can find a better fit for you in the future.

Now I politely request that you cease trying to join our Friends Chat and to please not try to debate our decision here on the Forums. All bans are final, and go under deep consideration. Again I'm sorry to inform you, but your time in the nest has come to a close.

-Regards
Hopalong

_________________





J
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Autumns Edge lying.   Today at 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Autumns Edge lying.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Galaxy's Edge Magazine - new and free online
» TBC Quest-Maps
» Help with shading and highlighting dark eldar.
» Kabals, Cults, Covens, Shrines, and Corsairs of Commorragh
» Hammering Out a Color Scheme

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: