One Of Runescape's Largest Slaying Communities!

HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

again? really?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat

PostSubject: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I finally come back to the site again from irl Maroon and my forum admin is gone... again. Sorry that I have a life but do you really have to remove my admin? have I abused it? did I do something wrong? It's dumb that I can't disappear for a bit to do Maroon irl and to come back to this. -.-
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Might not be my place to question this but why do you feel entitled to it? Are you using it for anything? Is it something the Gens aren't handling at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm sorry ben, but you've been gone a long time. I understand that you are mad, but honestly, we have more than enough F Mods at the moment. And besides, why should you be mad about this when you never used it? There are 4-5 Generals who frequent our forums now, so we really have no need of the "rank" forum mod. I'm sorry, but I do not think it will be reinstated.

J
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 pm

I was one of the ones who got this site going in the first place. I was having problems with life. I got hacked afew times on rs. Even quit for 2-3 months.

It's not that I need admin, but it's the principle behind it. I was given admin for my time I put towards getting this going. It's like the army, You earn a metal for your services, no one should be entitled to take that away from you. I am just annoyed that's all.

Even when I was highly active, always gratsing everyone who leveled up, allways said "Hey Nest" or "Bye Nest" Some people wanted someone to bring them supplies and I would do it for them mid task, feels like nothing I did ever really got recognized. Hell some of the silver stars in the chat havn't been ranked as long as I have. Just saying I've been bronze for about 3 years, and been a member of the nest for almost 4. I will admit I have slowed down but as fast as I have slowed down, I am speeding back up.
Back to top Go down
budlightlyme
Basilisk

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:53 pm

atleast you talked unlike over half the capn ranks in here....biased jerks they are......what the nest every day and you will always see the bronze ranks helping out more then almost all the captains...not namin names but you all know its true, and dont say the tired line of they are watching and moderating the chats...cause they almost never back up the bronzes who correct ppl on proper edicate

Sorry for being serious for once but meh

~Budlightlyme
Back to top Go down
Merondon
Warped Tortoise

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Benjamyn099 wrote:
I was one of the ones who got this site going in the first place. I was having problems with life. I got hacked afew times on rs. Even quit for 2-3 months.

It's not that I need admin, but it's the principle behind it. I was given admin for my time I put towards getting this going. It's like the army, You earn a metal for your services, no one should be entitled to take that away from you. I am just annoyed that's all.

I know you were one of the people who got the site going but that doesn't mean you can expect to keep your position indefinitely when you quit for extended periods of time. People lose their ranks in Nest if they quit for extended periods so it should be the same with this in my opinion.

Benjamyn099 wrote:
Even when I was highly active, always gratsing everyone who leveled up, allways said "Hey Nest" or "Bye Nest" Some people wanted someone to bring them supplies and I would do it for them mid task, feels like nothing I did ever really got recognized. Hell some of the silver stars in the chat havn't been ranked as long as I have. Just saying I've been bronze for about 3 years, and been a member of the nest for almost 4. I will admit I have slowed down but as fast as I have slowed down, I am speeding back up.

We play in different timezones I think so I personally haven't seen much of you but the fact that you are helpful in-game has imo nothing to do with you being given forum mod. We have plenty of helpful people of all ranks so why should you be the only one among them with forum mod privileges?

And on a side note is the nest really 4 years old even? Exar got 99 slayer 8th of March 2009 and from what I've been told he got that very early in the nest history (as in before it was in the slayer nest fc), my sources might be wrong though ofc. I joined sometime in June 2009 so I wasn't around before it was Slayer Nest.
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Merondon wrote:

We play in different timezones I think so I personally haven't seen much of you but the fact that you are helpful in-game has imo nothing to do with you being given forum mod. We have plenty of helpful people of all ranks so why should you be the only one among them with forum mod privileges?

And on a side note is the nest really 4 years old even?

Sorry wasn't clear on that with the rank thing. I was hinting that maybe I should be a Capt.

And yeah sorry I can't do math (I was running on 2 hours sleep, was up for 30 hours) I joined August 2009. Was Bronze in December, if I am not mistaken
Back to top Go down
Benjamyn099
Brine Rat

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:28 pm

Merondon wrote:
People lose their ranks in Nest if they quit for extended periods so it should be the same with this in my opinion.

I may of not been active on the Fourms, but I was always in the chat every time I was on (randomly chilling)

Decided to dig up a list of active forum members from Gens-Captains

Tangy - Last visit : Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:47 am
Touch_this - Last visit : Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:03 pm
Peashout - Last visit : Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 am
Maroon slays - Last visit : Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm
Exar Kun43 - Last visit : Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:00 pm

Lehrans Mew - Last visit : Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:46 pm
Lady of Las - Last visit : Never
Iman103 - Last visit : Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 am
Ha Zzam - Last visit : Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:58 pm
Gixer66 - Last visit : Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:39 pm
Dr_Masked - Last visit : Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 pm
ddiggler - Last visit : Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 pm
Cribbleztien - Last visit : Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 am
Charmed696 - Last visit : Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:23 pm
Big Brooksie - Last visit : Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 am
AutumnsEdge - Last visit : Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:55 pm

Also I am not even recognized as a bronze star on this site -.-
Back to top Go down
Hopalong
Soulgazer

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:06 pm

Ben rather than focusing on who isn't active I suggest you take a look at the amount of generals that ARE active. Ask yourself this Ben: "Do I think we need more forum mods on the Nest website?" My opinion is no, because we have no reason for more. It's not like we're getting spammed and always need 1 Fmod on at a time. Honestly and truthfully Ben, you need to just get over it. The time when you were a FMod, you did nothing (or close to) for this website. We do not need you as a FMod anymore. Here's what I will do though: I will give you back your bronze rank, as you do deserve that. The only reason why it came off was because we took your FMod status away (along with the FMod group too), and didn't re-rank you in your position we have bestowed upon you. I understand you are helpful and active on the GAME, but you were as good as inactive before you made this post demanding your position back. Put yourself in our shoes. We gave you your rank way the hell back when this first came out. You went inactive, and lost your rank. You came back, asked for it back and we obliged. You then went inactive again, and we took it away again. Then you come back on like you have now, and ask for it back? You should understand our reasoning on not giving it back if you look at it that way.

Also as a side note, while Captains are valued members on the Nest website, they do not have the power a FMod has Wink So if you want to make a list, make a list where it's only Generals. I'm pretty sure we have 5 Generals who frequent this website (maybe even more) per week if not per day. I seriously doubt we need more mods.

J
Back to top Go down
Gan_real
Kurask

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:28 am

Oh Hop - You made me so proud! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://slayernest.subject-line.com
weets
Spiritual Warrior

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 am

l0l
Back to top Go down
CookieSlay3r
Soulgazer

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:15 pm

oh hai gan
Back to top Go down
Lin
Ice Strykewyrm
Ice Strykewyrm

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:29 pm

RANK ME NAO GEN-NUBS.

<3 much love from this nub.

On a side note: the workload is killing me.. save me... and my membs runs out on the 17th so Cam you better max real soon.

I miss Nest. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: again? really?   Today at 7:38 am

Back to top Go down

again? really?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Slayer Nest :: The Slayer Nest :: Complaints/Rants-
Jump to: